Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Breaking through the surface!

It seems like forever since I have posted.  In the little nutshell of my world it has been!  My husband is finally home from the hospital, it took 15 days for him to be released.  Not better, just released.  He is well enough that I can take care of him at home.  What a challenging journey.  Thank you to everyone who has been sending messages and saying prayers for us.  It seems they have been heard, our results from pathology are in and the cancer has NOT spread as first thought!  We may need to do some radiation or chemo but that should be fairly mild.  What a great result after all the original, dire expectations!



So other than keeping my head in the game for my husband I have also been tending to the little ones in my life.  During this whole journey my Moo turned 10...."Double Digits" she calls it!  She was so excited that it was finally her BIG birthday and I was so desperate not to disappoint her by letting her big day be over shadowed by our current battle.  I booked her a birthday party at Spa World before the surgery, so I wouldn't let it fall through the cracks.  It was great!  They got their nails and toes done and a goody bag was included (WHEW! I had no time to shop!). She had a great time and then we also had a birthday dinner with family at home. Her big thing for that was that she wanted to bake her own cake....ah....OK!  Worked for me!  It turned out great and looked fabulous!




I also finished her dress (that I started at Christmas!), the child has the patience of a saint.  I found this fabric years ago and had no idea what I would make out of it but it had Moo's name written all over it, so it had to come live at our house until I discovered a project for it.  This dress was her pick and the fabric was mine.  She loves it!  (And it gave me small moments of focus).





















I also joined an apron swap over at Country Pleasures (cause I didn't have enough to do!) and I did manage to finish and ship this apron over to my great partner Missy.  Hope she likes it! My daughter sure didn't want it to leave the house!.

I also calmed my mind by doing some thrift shopping between visits to the hospital here and there, but I will post on those finds later!  Hope everyone has a great day!

5 comments:

Missy Shay said...

I love it! Thank you so much!

Pootle said...

So sorry to hear about your husband. Glad he is back home again. x

A Plain Path said...

What a fun birthday! Your daughter looks beautiful in her new dress.

Wonderful news that the cancer did not spread and your husband is home recovering. Praying for you all!!

Hugs!!!

Karen Mae said...

Glad you're back! Looks like your daughter had a great day - A party and a mani and a pedi!
have a great week, Karen

Lisa said...

Mamma - Moo's dress is gorgeous!! It seems like only a couple years ago we were rocking her in our arms and now she is "double digits" lol....the apron is awesome and I think the recipient will be soo pleased - I know i loved my apron. Even in the middle of your current situation you are an incredible creator...good job!!