Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is it blogger or is it me!?

I am not sure what happened but when I opened my blog this morning, all my followers pictures were gone! They still showed up in my dashboard but not in the blog view.  Sometimes it is blogger, but maybe it was me!  At least they are back now, whew, I hate feeling like I am talking to myself!

I made one of our favourite snacks the other day and it is so simple that I thought I would share it with you.   It stores well and travels well in case you like to keep a snack in the car for those days when the kids are starved and you are not at home to feed them.



So here is a very easy recipe for Nuts and Bolts:  (measurements don't have to be precise)

1- 400gram box Cheerios cereal (454 grams is 1 pound)
1- 350 gram box of Crispix cereal
1 450 gram bag of mini pretzel twists (I don't use the whole bag)
450 grams of cashews (approximate)
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch (dry) dressing mix
1 cup oil (I use canola)
 1 large roasting pan

Heat oven to 250 degrees.  In a two cup measuring cup mix one cup of oil and the dressing mix powder, stir with a whisk and set aside.  In the roaster, place a small layer of each cereal, nuts and pretzels then drizzle with the well mixed oil mixture, stir.  Repeat until all ingredients are used or roaster is full!  Cover and place into oven so pan is in the middle (I have to take out my top rack).  Cook for 1 hour in total but  every 15 minutes you need to take the covered pan out and shake it to mix the ingredients around so no part gets too toasted.  I leave the lid on and just look like I am doing the "shake, shake, shake", all around the kitchen! Anyone who laughs doesn't get in on the first round of taste testing!!! These are so good, NO ONE says anything!)



I let them cool in the pan and then I store them in glass preserving jars.  They last a long time stored like that (if I hide them well enough!)  For the car I put some in a large Tupperware or Rubbermaid container and those ones never last very long.

Well I am off to sew up a bag I wanted to get done at Christmas!  My granddaughter's quilt is done and I will post that as soon as I get a good picture of it!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

A Plain Path said...

This looks wonderful...think my kids would like it and I've never tried anything like it before. Add to list! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

These nuts and bolts are so yummy! So thanks for sharing the recipe...I miss them its been a while!!
Hugs, Bee