Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanks Giving!

Today is Canadian Thanks Giving Day.  I have been trolling around the internet all morning as I prepare dinner for my family.  I have realized that I have a lot to be thankful for. (Not that I didn't know before, but the more I read the more things come to mind)
I have food to prepare, people around me to eat it, and company to enjoy.  I have an amazing husband, terrific kids, five siblings who each bring their own version of "special" to my life.  My parents are gone and for that I grieve, but I am also thankful that they are "together " because they were not "OK" when they were apart.  I have incredible memories, and a multitude of loving friends, a beautiful country to live in with scenery that rivals anything on earth.  I have a God that I believe in and who makes His presence known in many ways as I walk this journey that is set before me.  Things are good, not perfect, but good.  I like it this way.

I hope all of you where ever you are, take a minute to think about what you have to be thankful for.  Every once in a while in this crazy world we need to stop and think, and be grateful!

All the best!

Penny

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Happy Gobble Gobble - i agree life is good - not perfect but good!! Big hugs - love the picture!! :) Looking forward to seeing what kind of fabric you get.

Browndirtcottage said...

This is a wonderful post girl!!! Lovely thoughts indeed...wishing you a FAB thanksgiving!

Micki said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and have a blessed one!
Micki