Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall is here in a big sorta way!!

 We have been experiencing quite a bit of fall weather this past week.  We have had a record amount of rain and the colours are all changing rapidly.  We went for a drive today through the Sylvan Valley to see the colours and check out the high water levels. Here is some of what we saw:


While my hubby was driving I figured it was as good a time as any to learn how to hand embroider.  I brought along a piece of fabric and some floss, a hoop of my Mother's and a needle.  I have never embroidered before and have no idea how or what to do so I bought this book Doodle Stitching (for beginners like me!) and I brought it too.  Anyway as we drove along I thought that a tree with some nice fall colours would be a good place to start. So, here it is....my first embroidery ever:


I like it and so do the kids and my hubby.  So I will sew it into something and keep it or give it as a gift we will see.

Besides that drive, this weekend has been full of water....in my basement!  Not all through thankfully!  Just in the cold room, which is separated by a six inch step from my fabric/cutting room. I bailed out over 200 litres of water and had to change the hose on the sump pump that ruptured due to the amount of water rushing in from the earth around my foundation!  Thank God my Dad (who built my house) was very creative and I have a sump hole in both ends of my basement.  One with a pump and one free flow for when it gets bad.  Currently....it is BAD!!!  Alas, we are mostly dry, except the two-three inches left in the cold room.
I hope every one is having a great weekend.....safe and dry!
Thanks for coming by.


4 comments:

paulette said...

Your Fall tree is gorgeous!! Can't believe it is your first attempt!! Lovely!

Stay dry!
Paulette

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

would have sent you the pattern for Pudgie but your comments come back as no reply emails, thought I could find email here but no, so from my email to you email me your email address and I'll send you the pattern, by the way.......
You're first stitching attempt is AWESOME!!! i need to find that book, looks cool!!

Lisa said...

wow mamma i love your embroidered tree - reminds me of Dawn. It is beautiful....as always whatever you do, you do well! Good job. The pics are beautiful too, reminds me of some of the ones on my site on www.lisasimages.ca - in case any of your readers are interested! I am just getting going on my Blog....yours is definately blossoming just like your tree.

Hugs Bee

Nancy said...

Such lovely pictures. Our trees are not changing too much yet but it will come.