Friday, September 17, 2010

Learning as I go!

Well, it has been a while since I posted last but I have been travelling through blog land and learning as much as I could about how to make the system do new things.  I finally learned how to grab a button!  That was very interesting and I learned that I cannot make the actual "button" appear if I am on my Mac using Safari.  Apparently, the HTML from the button script and Safari interpreter don't jive and all I ended up with is computer garble for a button.  So I Googled for some answers and one site gave me a clue when they said I had to be in Windows (which my Mac has but not a compatible format) or Mozilla.  So I tried it in Mozilla from my PC lap top and it worked!  So....I will be out there collecting buttons soon!

Also, this week I worked on my sewing room to start organizing all the trims and buttons and such that were all in bags and boxes.  I cruised many peoples craft and sewing room makeovers for ideas and thank you all for the brilliant ideas!  I scoured my small town for suitable finds and here is what I have come up with:
This is the area where I keep all the notions.  The black and cream boxes on the left are from Winners  and they hold ribbon spools.  The coffee cans are for the teachers gifts I make (Coffee Can Craft Caddy's).
The green sewing caddy is from a garage sale in BC.  The man who made them was selling out and I got this one and I LOVE it!!
This is the collection of glass jars for buttons, floss, Velcro, needles, zippers, etc.
These dollar store baskets hold decorative buttons, sewing feet, turning tools, special scissors and fusible hem tape.

I can't show you under the counter yet because that part is not done!  It has pattern boxes and more bags stuffed with things like lace and webbing that doesn't have a home yet!  I am working on it!!
I have stumbled across some wonderful organizing sites too in the last week.  I am blown away by the abilities of these women to create such organization....this is not my strong suit!  But I can read and learn!  

This weekend I will have news of an interesting local Vintage Button find and news on the arrival of some Vintage fabric from BC!  Stop back by and check it out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found me (I used to live in Montreal!) I love this post because I love organizational pictures. You are a very organized sewer (seamstress?)

Have a great week! :)